I turned in my final for my cataloging class today. It feels good to have this class behind me and the whole summer off. I have some cards I’m working on and will be posting them tomorrow, but for now I’ve been tagged by Melissa at Melissa’s Musings. I’m supposed to disclose 7 things most people don’t know about me. This may be challenging (or boring), but here it goes:
1. I got locked in a bathroom on an Amtrack train when I was 13. The bathrooms were down by the engine and no one could hear me banging on the door for help. Fortunately, my mom sent my little sister down to check on me and was able to get someone to help me. I kept thinking the whole time that I would never ride on a train again…. and I haven’t.
2. I won a trip to Mazatlan, Mexico from a local radio station back in the early ’90’s. I think I have the tape of me on the radio in some random box down in my basement. It was a fun trip and I feel very lucky to have won.
3. When I was 14 I got hit in the mouth with the ball while playing softball. I had braces at the time. The skin from the inside of my mouth stuck to the braces and I had to swish it out with water. It hurt. A lot. But I kept playing.
4. I think we covered this one, but my husband feels it bears repeating. I have a huge crush on Joe Mauer from the Minnesota Twins. Our friend Shannon even sent my husband a pair of Joe Mauer sideburns as a gag gift for his birthday. He has yet to wear them 😀
5. I don’t like handling raw meat, especially beef. I couldn’t do it at all when I was pregnant with both kids.
6. I have never had a broken bone.
7. I’m going to be driving a minivan later this year and I’m so *not* a minivan kind of girl. I’m still trying to come to terms with this. I’ll just pretend it’s an oversized corvette.
Thanks for tagging me, Melissa!
I will be back tomorrow sometime to post the cards I’ve been working on. I ordered a few more Bella stamps and will be playing with them this week. I particularly like the PMSabella. You’ve gotta check her out!