My friend Kristine was kind enough to take pictures of the recipe tin I made her for Christmas. I made a few of these and they all turned out great, if I may say so myself. These are so fun to make and look great sitting out on the counter in your kitchen. I have yet to make one for myself, but that’s to be expected. I have a scrappin’/stampin’ project list a mile long. I have yet to really get started on my husband’s calendar that was supposed to be for Christmas and it’s almost the middle of January! I start my cataloging class this weekend, so I know play time will be limited for me for a while. I think this class has the potential to kick my a$$ and I’m a little anxious about it. I’m maintaining a 4.0 right now and would really, really like to graduate with that. After the class this semester and the one I’ll take this summer, I will be half way through my Masters in Library and Information Science degree with a license to teach Media in K-12. I will try hard not to bore you with the details of cataloging. I’m sure it’s only fascinating to library geeks like myself.
I digress…. I’m posting the pictures of one of the tins I made and will post the rest when I get the pictures from the people I gave the tins to. I couldn’t have remember to take pics of the projects before I gave them away because that would have been the smart thing to do!
I will say that, for me, the easiest way to apply the paper was to put the Mod Podge directly on the tin and not the paper. I had far less bubbles that way. They have a ton of examples of these in the SCS gallery. Check them out!